Sunday, August 19, 2012

What a Week



8/19/12

We didn’t really have much of a choice, so we both dove into the workweek headfirst.  Dad started school on Monday and Mom also had to work several part time hours this week.  Luckily, only a few of those hours overlapped so we kept the babysitting hours to a minimum.  Mom and Dad also experienced extended time alone with Brenden and Jackson.  There were definitely a fair share of moments that tested our patients, but all things considered, we survived to tell of it. 

Hey Mom.  See if you can find me.
Mom signed up to sing at church on Wednesday.  So, I had the boys all to myself in back.  We have done this a few times before, but not after a long day at work.  It was exhausting, but all worth it in the end.  I came as close as I have ever come to experiencing a moment of Zen.  I was trying my best to keep the boys calm so I could hear Toni sing the Ave Maria.  It happened to work out so that I was heading up to receive communion with Brenden and Jackson in my arms, right when she started.  It was perfect!


Aside from my moment, this week has been such a blur.  Feed, work, babies, make dinner, laundry, feed, repeat… We literally don’t have a minute of free time with our new schedule.  I think this is why the weekend has been so great!  Adam and Corrie came out for dinner on Friday.  We made pizzas on the grill and caught up on some DVR.  Saturday, I walked up to Pazza Di Pizza with the boys and met Toni and her friend Katelyn for a little lunch on the patio.  That afternoon, the Cardinals were on Fox so I was able to catch a win before we headed to church.  That evening, we fired up the grill again and spent some more time outside. 

It’s a beautiful day and Toni is attending a wedding shower downtown.  I guess the boys and I will have to head out and enjoy this weather on our own!  I’m looking forward to another day of sunny skies to cap off a perfect weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment