Thursday, June 7, 2012

4/20/12 - Let The Twinsanity Begin!!!



Hello Family and Friends,

On behalf of the Esker family, I would like to introduce Brenden Isaac Esker and Jackson Ray Esker.  First off, we would like to thank everyone for all of the support, thoughts, and prayers we have received over the last 8 months! Please keep them coming. We wouldn't have been able to do it without you.



It has truly been an emotional roller coaster over the last 48 hours, but the timing couldn't have worked out better.  I had just finished up practice on Friday and was waiting for students to be picked up when I got the call... "Uh... Brian... your may want to come home.  I think my water just broke."  After a quick drive home, I entered the house to find Baxter doing laps around the couch and Toni calmly waiting.  I can honestly say that Toni was by far the calmest out of anyone... human or dog.  To add to the drama, because of a toilet paper shortage, Toni had been flushing tissues down the toilet the entire day.  The hand of god was the only thing that kept our house from becoming a flooded mess (Seriously… less than a centimeter short of the rim).  Luckily our bags were packed due to Toni's extreme intuition.  We literally finished hanging pictures in the baby room, finished our baby classes, and packed the hospital bag the night before. (All before watching the Blues take a 3-1 lead in the series)  By the time we got to the hospital, Toni was dilated four centimeters.  The nurse’s words quickly followed, "We need to get this show on the road!" Toni was wheeled down to the operating room and my wait began.  Twenty minutes passed, felt more like twenty hours, and I was called down to a room full of doctors and nurses surrounding the strongest woman I know.  It wasn't long before my memory was forever filled with the sights, sounds and smells that go along with two babies entering the world.



Brenden was born at 8:05 p.m., measuring 19 inches, and weighing 6 pounds 2 ounces.  Jackson was born at 8:07 p.m., measuring 18 inches, and weighing 5 pounds.  That’s eleven pounds and two ounces of solid baby!  Go mom!  After the babies were cleaned off, Brenden was hooked up to an air machine and I was able to carry Jackson to the nursery.  I spent the next hours of the night bouncing between the beds of the three loves of my life.  Apparently, Brenden was not all right with the tube because he ripped it off and was chewing on it by morning.  He must get that stubbornness from his mom. Haha!  I woke up yesterday morning and went down to the nursery to hold our babies for the first time.  Words cannot describe that feeling.  Brenden is already off the machine and both babies are under close watch in the special care nursery.  Toni has started her long road to recovery.  She continues to improve every hour.  I have to say, seeing Toni hold the babies for the first time was the most incredible moment.  I defiantly foresee many trips down the hall in the coming days.  Please continue to keep our family in your prayers as we anxiously await our trip home from the hospital.  We love you all... times two.

Love,

Brenden, Jackson, Toni and Brian


No comments:

Post a Comment