Tuesday, June 12, 2012

6/10/12 - Uncle Brent





6/10/12

Uncle Brent and Kelly came to visit on Sunday afternoon.  We were on the move almost the entire time but still found a few minutes for them to get acquainted with their new nephews.  We kicked off the night with a trip to our favorite Elmhurst restaurant, 100 South.  We decided to walk and eat outside since it was such a beautiful night.  Brenden and Jackson were a little fussy, but did great during dinner.  Even though we had enough food to feed a family of four… wait, we managed to save room for ice cream.  It’s hard to resist when we walk right by a Cold Stone on the way home. 



We woke up this morning to have Brent and Kelly treat us to breakfast after a trip to bakery for some bagels and coffee.  We finished up with a walk to the shoe store for some new running shoes for mom.  She was definitely due and can’t wait for the many miles ahead.  We are looking forward to our first trip home this week.  Mom and I can’t wait to show off our new additions.  Brenden and Jackson are looking forward to meeting the rest of the family!!!







6/11/12
 
Wow!  This evening Toni and I watched one of the most powerful movies I’ve seen in a while, The Tree of Life!  I don’t know if I would have appreciated it as much if I didn’t just have two boys of my own, but it definitely helped.  The on screen visuals sparked so many memories of my childhood and inspired moments I hope to share with Brenden and Jackson in the days to come.  It also had a very spiritual undertone throughout.  I now understand why the sleeve was so vague in the movie’s explanation.  If someone asked me what the movie was about, I couldn’t really say.  I guess it just tells the story of life, existence, and faith.  Nonetheless, It is probably the best movie I’ve seen this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment